The Blarney Stone is a block of stone set in the wall of the the Blarney
Castle tower in the village of Blarney. The stone is between the wall and the parapet.
The castle was built in 1446 by Cormac Laidhiv McCarthy (Lord of Muskerry).
The walls are about 18 feet thick to thwart off attacks by Cromwellians
and William III's troops). This place is a favorite place with tourists who
According to legend, an old woman cast a spell on the stone to reward
a King who had saved her from drowning. It gave the king
the ability to speak sweetly and convincingly if he kissed the stone with
the spell on. This is not an easy task because the stone is tough to reach.
Anyone who wants to kiss the stone will have to lie on their back and bend
backwards and downwards, hold on to iron bars for support to get to it.
DISCLAIMER : This is a disclaimer. We try to gather information that are
as accurate as possible. However, if there are mistakes, we will not be held
liable for anything. Use it at your own discretion.
IMPORTANT : We are not responsible for any links beyond our site.